A number of options exist when considering a custom designed lifting solution with each having its own inherent advantages and disadvantages.
Consider the following factors when approaching EL ES DE Engineering for a lifting solution.
- 1. Overall Cost – Complex designs will be more expensive
- 2. Headroom – Spreaders require more headroom than single lift beams due to the sling angle
- 3. Stability – Spreaders are more stable than single lift beams and less sensitive to out of balance loads
- 4. Easy of Use – easy and simple translates to safe
- 5. Working Load and Usage cycle – a high WLL beam that is used frequently will be different to an equivalent low use beam
The custom lifting device shown here had several requirements that dictated its design.
- Had to be stored away after use, hence it can be completely dismantled
- Had to support 4 point or 2 point lifting in two configurations
- Had to be light weight